Senior Data Architect
- - R & D Engineering
- Orlando, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Ancillary benefits, 401(k), PTO, Holiday, Dynamic work environment
As the Senior Data Architect your role will be dynamic, and your responsibilities will be diverse, but examples of projects that you may take on in this role include conceptualizing, designing, building, and testing cutting edge IT solutions to real world problems. This role requires strong software development and product strategy skills.
- Generates product requirements
- Develops architecture which supports product requirements, including performance, scalability, security, and manageability
- Provides leadership and serves as senior development resource for development team
- Presents architecture, design, and technique choices to internal and external audiences
- Establishes best practices and ensures that they are followed by the design team
- Proactively learns new technologies, standards, and applications; keeps current with technology developments within the industry
- Takes lead role in all stages of software development, including planning, implementation, testing, documentation, and release
- Estimate effort for self and agree on schedules with Project Managers
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation (Database, Architecture, etc.)
- Analyze and diagnose problems reported to the help desk, escalate support issues
- Discuss issues/requirements with client
- Work with the development teams in the data modeling and database design of product and efficient SQL for fast application performance
- Extensive familiarity with data management principles and best practices in order to properly store, migrate, and structure data for multiple applications
- Strong knowledge of database architecture and design, including troubleshooting, data migration, and backup and recovery tasks
- Work experience with Big Data projects involving Data Lakes, NoSQL, Hadoop, etc
- Advise developers on stored procedures, functions, scripts, and triggers to improve database access (Note: Should be familiar with one or more scripting languages)
- Skilled at developing more efficient processes for handling and accessing data, automating recurring tasks, and performing routine maintenance
- Effectively support all departments
- Research and identify third party tools/software that improves development process
- Install and configure database system software plus third-party system tools, applications and products
- Performance Optimization
- Performance monitoring, measurement and capacity planning of Production Software solutions, recommending changes to Andor Health products and "standardized" System configurations
- Implement, periodically test and review appropriate data access and security measures, including access control, audit, backup/restore and system rebuild & recovery processes
- Implement and continuously improve the database infrastructure environment
- Provide fast and value-added services to the development organization
- Participate in the process of ensuring that identified Business Continuity measures are implemented, documented and regularly tested to enable continued operations of systems identified as requiring such protection in accordance with the corporate Disaster Recovery program
- Stay current with the DB technology. Perform software upgrades and new software installation both pro-actively and in response to requests from users of systems, including any necessary patches to database systems and applications to ensure continuing stable and secure operation
- Provide an ad-hoc support service to users of all computer systems, troubleshooting and resolving database problems
- Carry out prescribed programs of computer system performance management and capacity planning for systems as designated by Management to ensure the necessary system capacity and performance is available as required
- Accurately estimate effort for self and coordinate schedules with manager
- Liaise with manager; keep manager informed of progress
- Capture business rules that govern how data is transformed, integrated and used
- Identify data quality metrics and guide processes that track and measure data quality continually
Academic and professional qualifications
- Successful completion of a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or relevant data related experience
- Typically requires 2 - 5 years of relevant experience working with SQL Server.
- Detailed technical database knowledge is dependent on the specific Andor Health Product Development Center requirements.
- Extensive experience on Performance Optimization – performance monitoring, measurement and capacity planning of Production Software solutions.
- Wide understanding of the SQL Server engine and its features as: High availability capabilities, Change Data capture, Change tracking, Service broker, replication, query notification services, etc.
- Understanding of Data Lakes, Data Bricks, Apache Spark, Hadoop a plus
- Database architecture and database design experience within the Healthcare IT field greatly desired.
- Ability to analyze performance trends from data collected from customers and development and propose architectural changes or coding changes.
- Depends upon the project/program needs
Hours required to complete projects/assignments
The preceding functions may not be comprehensive in scope regarding work performed by an employee assigned to this position classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of this position. Management also reserves the right to make reasonable accommodations so that a qualified employee(s) can perform the essential functions of the position.
At Andor Health, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technological needs of physicians, hospitals, and post-acute organizations across the globe. Andor Health offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Andor Health's policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Andor Health must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
EOE Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Drug Free Workplace